Our History

Bodegas Zifar is located in the town of Peñafiel, in one of the emblematic building. The building was built at the beginning of the 20th century, in 1914, following the architectural aesthethics of the time with hardly any ornaments and interlacing the stone and MUDEJAR brick, being house barracks of the Civil Guard of the time. It was completely rehabilitated in 2002; in order to be conditioned as a winery, the building currently consists of three naves, one of them buried and a large inner courtyard with garden area.

The winery is located near the historic “Plaza del Coso”.

The Plaza del Coso, also known as the Plaza del Corro, since the 16th century was called the Bull Ring since it was created in the previous century for the celebration of bullfights. Also recognized as one of the oldest in Spain, since the documents of its creation go back to the year 1443. Nowadays, it is the most tourist center of Peñafiel after the Castle and museum of the wine.

Every year in the time of the parties of San Roque, between the 14th and the 18th of August, everything happens in the Place of the Coso.

It is composed of 48 buildings built in adobe, stone, wood and whose facades and balconies are decorated with arabesque style wood; all its doors maintain posts to act as barriers, which fulfill their role in the time of bulls, and the balconies of every house, are the best stands that can be.

bodega-edificio